Facebook 1

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sugar cookies

The last few times I made sugar cookies, I made the "roll them out, cut them with cookie cutters, and decorate with royal icing" variety.  I came across this recipe for giant sugar cookies from Martha Stewart.  I have to admit I was a little hesitant to make these cookies because they called for sour cream.  But they taste great!

I baked them it batches, and in the first batch, some of them had these weird raised cracked tops (but, I figured, it was all good, cause I tasted a funny-cracked-top one):


For the second batch, I rolled them into balls and then flattened them a little before sprinkling them with the sugar:


The cookies ended up coming out pretty round and with "normal" tops:


The edges are crispy and the centers are chewy.  Fantastic sugar cookies (despite the odd ingredient, sour cream).  I think that these would be a great bake sale cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment