Facebook 1

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Double chocolate chunk cookies

Today I decided to start trying out some of those recipes I had found earlier in the week.  I mean, it's December already, and I have limited time to test recipes before the holidays.  While I fancy myself a good baker, I don't think home-baked treats by yours truly is a fair holiday tip for my doormen, so every year in addition to giving them a monetary tip I give them a tray of cookies.  Cookies, mini cupcakes, brownies, even some homemade candies and peppermint bark all adorn a less-than-gorgeous disposable tin pan covered with doilies.  Honestly, I don't think they mind the lackluster serving tray.

This is the tray from 3 years ago:

Triple chocolate chip cookies, jam thumbprints, and spiced cardamom star cookies

I like to change some of the cookies I make every year, so tonight I tried a new recipe.  These are Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies courtesy of Martha Stewart.  Two things: (1) follow the directions and don't overbake them.  (2) my cookies ended up being HUGE:


Regardless of their size, they're really good.  I have a feeling they'll be making it onto this year's cookie platter...

No comments:

Post a Comment