Facebook 1

Friday, March 9, 2012

And the Oscar goes to...

The Oscars were about 2 weeks ago (and to be honest, I'm not even sure I know what won best picture), but this weekend, a coworker/friend is throwing a birthday party for her sister.  The theme is red carpet/Oscars.  She wanted Oscar-shaped lollipops (it took a long time to find the mold!) and ultimately decided on milk chocolate.  I decided that in order to look like the real Oscar statue, I would need to spray them with edible gold "spray paint."  I individually bagged each lollipop and tied it with red and gold ribbons.  I think they really look like miniature (edible) Oscars!


I can't wait to hear what the birthday girl thought of them!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I used Wilton Color Mist in gold. They have a ton of colors (I've used the silver and the pink as well). You can buy them at Michael's and I'm sure they have them at other craft stores as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I found it online....I don't remember exactly where (it was over 2 years ago), but i'm sure if you do a google search you can find them. They were more expensive than other lollipop molds.

      Delete