Facebook 1

Monday, February 10, 2014

Cranberry white chocolate oatmeal cookies

When I made the oatmeal cranberry cookies for the baby shower last month, I debated adding white chocolate chips to them. I knew I should've, but for some reason, I decided against it.  The oatmeal cranberry cookies were absolutely delicious, and I loved the sweet-and-tartness of the dried cranberries.  But I did want to try them with the white chocolate chips.


So the next variety of cookies I made for baby J's bris were these cranberry white chocolate oatmeal cookies.  I added a little cinnamon to them, because I love cinnamon, and because I thought it would go well with the other flavors in the cookies.  Boy, was I right!  I'm so happy I added it (although I'm sure the cookies would be delish without the cinnamon, too!).

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies with White Chocolate Chips

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
2 cups sweetened dried cranberries (we both used Craisins)
1 and 1/4 cups old fashioned oats -- for some reason, these were left out in the directions below, so I added them in
2 cups white chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat. 

Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.  
Set aside. 

Beat butter at medium speed with mixer until creamy.  

Add sugars, beating well.
Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended.  
I added the oats here.
Gradually add flour mixture and beat until blended, scraping bowl as needed.  
Stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips.  I did that using a spatula, since the dough was thick and getting stuck in my hand mixer.
 
Drop dough by heaping spoonful onto cookie sheet.  I pressed them down a little to flatten them.
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.  

Cool on sheet for about 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment