Facebook 1

Monday, February 10, 2014

Chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips

For the bris this past weekend, I made those dark chocolate and milk chocolate chunk cookies.   But I didn't stop there!  Then I made those cranberry white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.  But I didn't stop there, either.  You know me.  I had a few more cookies up my sleeve.


Next up were these chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips.  I made them years ago and they were such a hit.  They happen to be one of my all time favorite cookie recipes on the blog (they're also a top 10 most popular post on the blog!).  Which is why I almost scrapped making them.  See, I went on a diet and I've been SO good, and I knew that if I made these cookies there was a good chance I'd eat a bunch of them.  But they were too good to not make, and plus, I've been getting much better at that whole willpower thing!

The other reason I made these anyway?  The baby's grandma LOVES white chocolate.   It's the least I could've done for her!  Sure, there were white chocolate chips in the cranberry oatmeal cookies, and even some white chocolate lollipops, but I love the creaminess and sweetness of the white chocolate chips in this super dark, decadently chocolate cookie.  I think it really gives the white chocolate a chance to shine, without being all too sweet!

Chewy Chocolate Cookies with White Chocolate Chips

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder)
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups white chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheet (or line with parchment paper).

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. 
Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addiction. 
Add the salt and vanilla.

In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda.
Gradually add to the creamed mixture 

Fold in chocolate chips. 
Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.  I used my mini scooper to make smaller cookies.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until fluffy but still soft.  My smaller cookies baked for about 6 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment