Facebook 1

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Passover brownies

A few years ago, I was talking with a patient of mine about all the baking I was doing for Passover.  She asked me what I was making -- for the life of me, I don't remember what it was except for the Mandel Bread -- but I do remember that she was shocked that I wasn't making brownies.  She apparently had a family recipe for Passover brownies that were delicious and easy to make.

So I ended up getting the recipe from her, because frankly who doesn't want a delicious, easy, and chocolatey Passover dessert?


Because my cousin is allergic to nuts, I substitute chocolate chips for the nuts, but I'm sure they'd be good without nuts or chocolate chips.

AF's Delectable Passover Brownies

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3/4 cup potato starch
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup nuts -- I substitute chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325F.

Great a 9 x 13 inch pan.

Mix eggs, sugar, oil, potato starch, and cocoa.
Add the chocolate chips or nuts.

Pour brownies into prepared pan.

Bake for 50 minutes.

Let cool completely before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment