Facebook 1

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lime macaroons

I wanted to make a Passover dessert for my sister.  My non-chocolate-loving sister (I know -- shocking that I, of all people, have one of those!).  I ended up deciding that macaroons would be the best in a fruity flavor, especially because coconut is fruity and tropical.


So these lime macaroons were born!  I have to say, they taste kinda like a tropical vacation :)  Now if only I could find out if rum was kosher for Passover... :-)

*In terms of "kosher for Passover," please see my disclaimer here.*

Lime Macaroons
Adapted from this recipe

Ingredients:

14 oz sweetened coconut
2 tsp vanilla
14 oz can condensed sweetened milk
Juice of 1-2 limes
Zest of 1-2 limes, finely grated

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.
Line cookie sheet with non-stick foil (I didn't have non-stick foil so I sprayed foil with non-stick spray)/

Mix coconut, vanilla, condensed milk, and chocolate chips together in a large mixing bowl.
Take a teaspoon-sized amount of the mixture and roll it into a ball with your hands (or cheat like me, and use a mini scooper).
Place them on a cookie sheet, spaced apart.
Bake about 15-20 minutes until golden brown (watch them carefully so they don't burn).  Mine took 14 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment