Facebook 1

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Passover apple cake

Passover is over, but that doesn't mean it's too late for me to post one of my last two recipes from this Passover, right?  I sure hope not, because these two are great recipes that are worth having!


My mom got this recipes years ago (we're talking several decades) from a friend of hers, and frankly I think she's made it every year since.  It is one of my all time favorite Passover recipes, one that I grew up on and consider to be an essential part of Passover.  It's also super simple to make.  Always an added bonus!  And this year, I let my mom relax while I did most of the prep for this cake.

A's Passover Apple Cake

Ingredients:

4 apples, peeled (I used 2 granny smith and 2 red apples....my mom bought them and I don't remember which type they were)
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup matzah meal or cake meal (I use cake meal)
Cinnamon

A's recipe also says 1 Tbsp raspberry jam or raisins, but we've never used those

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350F.

Grease a 9" springform pan.

Slice the apples into the pan.
Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon.

Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
Add the oil and mix.
Add the sugar and mix.
Add the matzah meal or cake meal and mix well.  I find a hand mixer to work best for this.

Pour the mixture over the apples and bake for 50 minutes.

Let cool.
Remove the springform part of the pan.
Serve or cover with saran wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment