Facebook 1

Monday, January 20, 2014

Peanut butter monster cookies

I try not to make the same thing on the blog, but sometimes, it's just so fitting that I have to let my "no repeats" rule slide by the wayside.  These cookies are one of those exceptions!


I made these peanut butter monster cookies for my birthday last year, but unfortunately didn't get to share them with many people.  Which is a complete shame, since they were amazing.  And HUGE.  So when my friend asked me to make some cookies for a baby shower she was attending last weekend, and we settled on a variety of large cookies, I knew I had to include these!  And since I knew I was making large cookies, I knew these would totally fit the bill!



These are a peanut butter lovers dream!  There's peanut butter in the cookie dough, peanut butter chips in the cookies, and then they're studded with Reese's Pieces!  Did I mention they're fantastic??

Peanut Butter Monster Cookies
Originally from here, and reposted on the blog

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 and 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Reese’s Pieces mini candies, 1 bag (They suggested two bags, since there weren't enough to coat all of the cookies with one bag - and I needed about 1/5 of an additional bag)

Directions:

Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
Set aside.

In a large bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer) cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar (I used light brown sugar).
Beat until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add vanilla, and beat to combine.
Slowly add dry ingredients, and beat just until combined.
Don’t over beat at this stage.
Stir in oats, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes, meanwhile preheating oven to 350 degrees (F).

Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Pour Reese’s Pieces candies onto a plate or into a flat bowl.

Using a large cookie scoop (about 3 Tablespoons - I actually used an ice cream scooper, which I purchased specifically for these cookies!) drop cookie dough into the bowl of candies.
Gently use your hand to press the dough down into the candies and flatten the dough into a disc, then transfer to cookie sheet.
Bake, six at a time, for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to darken.

Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes.
*If you skip this step, the cookies might break when you transfer them to a cooling rack.*

Allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment