Facebook 1

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Elmo smash cake

My friend's son turned 1 at the end of January, and they threw him a little first birthday party.  And apparently a first birthday party just isn't complete without a smash cake (don't worry, I'm already working on patenting the smash cake and starting a side business...I'm kidding (well, only sorta)).  I've been making treats for this little boy and his big sister since her baby shower 5 years ago.


The theme of the party was Elmo/Sesame Street, and so besides a bunch of chocolate Elmo lollipops (I even recycled the Elmo chocolate lollipop molds from his big sister's 1st birthday party in March 2010!), I made baby J a smash cake -- complete with a sugar Elmo face on top!  The cake itself was simple, just a 6" two layer cake of my go-to yellow cake with vanilla buttercream (which, coincidentally, I debuted on the blog on his big sister's 3rd birthday cupcakes), a few sprinkles, and a red buttercream "1" with an Elmo face stuck on top of the cake.









I have to admit the cake and the lollipops turned out pretty cute, but I have to say that the cute little boy who devoured his smash cake was definitely the cutest part of the party!



I might be wrong, but is looks like he was a little into the cake.... ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment