Facebook 1

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chocolate-dipped sugar cookies

B and I had our first date a just over a year ago (a year and 10 days ago, not that I'm counting or anything ;-)).  In hopes that we'd get to see each other, I made some dark-chocolate dipped sugar cookie hearts for the occasion.  Of course we didn't get to see each other that day, as I had to go to work and he had to work from home (it's OK, we had a lovely dinner the Friday night beforehand), so the cookies are still in my fridge.


See, I had leftover red sugar cookie dough from the lobster sugar cookies I made the week before.  Since I had dyed it all red at the beginning, I was limited in what sugar cookie shapes I could make with red dough (apples?  hearts?  cars?).  Well, hearts won out.  I think it's pretty clear why.  But regardless, I wanted to do something fun with the cookies.  So why not dip them in chocolate?  I personally love dark chocolate - as does B - so it was clear that dark chocolate was the best option.  White would've been pretty, too, but dark was a better option.

I ended up sprinkling some white nonpareils on some and mini heart sprinkles on the others.

The recipe for the sugar cookie dough can be found here

After they had baked and cooled, I dipped them in some melted dark chocolate and placed them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.  While the chocolate was still wet, I sprinkled on some sprinkles.  Then, I put them in the fridge to set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment