Facebook 1

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Triple chocolate brownies

For my friend's fundraiser, I planned to bake cookies and brownies.  The brownies were black-and-white brownies, which I've made several times before and they always get rave reviews.  But something happened during the brownie baking process.  Brace yourselves people, but.....even "professional" (or wanna-be professional) bakers have a mishap or two in their careers.  This was one of those nights.  The evidence is clear:


The only things missing from the picture are the first-degree burns that my thigh (through my jeans!) and foot sustained when the hot brownies fell on me.


But I still needed brownies.  Without enough semisweet chocolate chips to repeat the recipe, I had to turn to another brownie recipe.  Luckily for me, I have a brownie cookbook.  A quick glance through it, and I stopped at triple chocolate brownies.  I guess that multi-chocolate is my theme for the fundraiser - triple chocolate cookies, dark chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips, and these triple chocolate brownies.

Triple Chocolate Brownies
From the Fat Witch Brownies Cookbook (Makes 12-18 brownies, I got more than than since I cut them smaller)

Ingredients:

8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup unbleached flour (I used regular all-purpose flour)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 white chocolate chips

Directions:

Grease a 9x9" baking pain with butter (I used cooking spray). 
Dust with flour and tap out the extra flour. 
Preheat the oven to 350F.

Combine butter, bitttersweet chocolate chips, and 1/4 cup of milk chocolate chips in a small saucepan.
Melt together over low heat, stirring constantly.
Set aside and let cool to room temperature.

In a bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
Add the cooled chocolate mixture.
Continue beating until well blended.

Measure the flour and salt and then sift together (I skipped the sifting part) directly into the chocolate batter.
Mix until well combined and no trace of the dry ingredients remains.
Gently stir in the white chocolate chips and the remaining 1/4 cup of milk chocolate chips.

Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with only crumbs - no batter - on it.

Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for at least 1 hour.
Cut just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment