I had plenty of Valentine's Day themed decorations at home already, but I bought a few on my way home from work. Most important of those were conversation hearts. I loved them when I was a kid. Back when "fax me" was an up and coming message (ha! Fax me? Who OK'd that?). An added bonus? I already had red plastic spoons at home, leftover from the Super Bowl, and a few pink ones, too.
These are really easy to make and look great! Can't wait to try them for other holidays.
|Waiting to cool, be put in bags, and tied up.|
Small Valentine's themed candies
Twist ties or ribbon
1. Arrange spoons along the edge of a cookie sheet with a rim, so that the bowls of the spoons are level.
2. Melt 6 oz of white chocolate for every 8 spoons that you are using. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, then transfer to a ziplock bag.
3. Trim the corner off of the bag and pipe the chocolate into each spoon and gently tap the spoons to level the chocolate.
4. Sprinkle the candies, sprinkles, and nonpareils.
5. Let the chocolate cool completely, then transfer to lollipop bags. Tie with ribbon or twist ties.
You can include a note stating that the chocolate can be eaten off the spoon or used as a hot cocoa stirrer.