Facebook 1

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chocolate spoons

A few weeks ago I went to the baking store.  I have a routine when I go there.  It goes something like this: pick up the things I need/went there for, look around a little, leave with a tons of stuff I didn't intend to buy (in addition to the things I had gone there for in the first place)....and a substantial bill.  On my most recent trip, I had gone for some candy cups, some white and bittersweet chocolate, and a 1 inch pastry brush (all for the Chocolate-Mint Truffle Cups that I had wanted to make for the holidays but never got around to making).  I left with all that, plus more.  One of the not-planned-for purchases was a silicone mold in the shape of mini spoons.  They reminded me of those chocolate-dipped and decorated (actual) spoons that they used to sell in gourmet stores to mix into your coffee (do you remember those?).

Normally, I'm not one to wait to use a new purchase, although for some reason this purchase had been sitting in the bag since I bought it a few weeks ago.  Today, I had melted some chocolate for something else, and decided that while I was at it, I'd make some white chocolate spoons, too.  I thought they'd be fun to decorate, but being unsure of what to decorate them, I made a variety....then I made some in milk and dark chocolate!


And here they are all decorated, an assortment of dark, milk, and white chocolate spoons:

No comments:

Post a Comment