Facebook 1

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Double chocolate chip cookies


Everyone likes a chocolate chip cookie, right?  That's what I thought when I set about choosing the last varieties of cookies that I was making for Rosh Hashanah lunch.  I made the soft, chewy oatmeal raisin cookies for my chocolate-hating sister (don't ask, I personally cannot explain this one).  I made the triple ginger cookies because, well, I wanted to make them.  And then I figured chocolate chip cookies would round out the assortment nicely.  I never got to the last few cookies that I wanted to make, including honey cookies (honey is a typical ingredient in Jewish cooking this time of year as it is used to symbolize a sweet new year), but that's OK because I'll just have to bake you some more cookies soon.  I know, you hate me for that, huh?

These cookies started out as run of the mill chocolate chip cookies, the Toll House variety to be exact, because they're just so tasty.  And I ended up baking a few of them that way.  But then I got all crazy and added mini -- mini!! -- white chocolate chips.  I think they're just the most adorable things out there, and particularly good for baking because I generally find white chocolate chips too sweet when they're the regular size.  Plus, these cookies were already chock-full of chocolate chips since I used the whole amount of semisweet chocolate chips already!


Double Chocolate Chip Cookies 
Embellished from the Toll House Semi-Sweet Morsels Bag

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups of flour (all-purpose)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar (granulated sugar)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12 oz package) Toll House semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup mini white chocolate chips

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside. 
Beat butter, both sugars, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. 
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. 
Gradually beat in flour mixture. 
Stir in morsels.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets (I used parchment paper-lined baking sheets)
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown
Let cool on baking sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment