Facebook 1

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

S'mores Rice Krispie treat pops

Remember when I made those heavenly toasted marshmallow Rice Krispie Treats?  The ones with the perfectly toasted marshmallows and browned butter that I intentionally made a double batch of the first time that I made them simply because I knew they just had to be that good, and they were?  Well I turned those into s'mores pops.  Because that's what I do.  (My original intention had been to coat them in melted semisweet chocolate and cover them with graham cracker crumbs, but found this way to be more whimsical).


These are super cute and would be so adorable at a BBQ or bonfire.  Or on your couch in front of the TV.....just sayin'!  Had I been created -- or brave -- enough, I would've used twigs instead of skewers for a more authentic s'mores experiences, but twigs from the ground of NYC shouldn't be anywhere near my food....or at least I believe that!


I thought this shot below was cute but I don't recommend eating them this way!


Smore's Pops

Ingredients:

One batch of Toasted Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treats
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (you could use Hershey's bars instead, for a more authentic s'mores taste)
12 graham crackers, made into crumbs
Cooking spray

Tools:

Round cookie cutter (mine is about 2.5 inches high, to make sure it was taller than the Rice Krispie treats, a small biscuit cutter would also work)
20-30 wooden skewers

Directions:

Spray round cookie cutter with some cooking spray.
Using a cookie cutter, cut out cylindrical Rice Krispie treats to make them look like marshmallows.
Cut them as close together to ensure that you can get the most cylinders.
Eat the scraps -- this is the best part!

Pulse graham crackers in food processor until they're turned into fine crumbs.
Put in a bowl and set aside.

Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, at 30 second intervals, making sure not to burn it.

Place a skewer in the center of each Rice Krispie treat.
Dip each treat in melted chocolate, the immediately into graham cracker crumbs.
Place them, flat side down on a wax paper coated tray.
Continue until all treats are coated.

Allow chocolate to dry before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment