Facebook 1

Saturday, August 17, 2013

S'mores cookies

For my birthday a few weeks ago, I attempted to make a treat every day of the week of my birthday (I fell a little short, but 4 out of 5 days isn't that bad).  On day 3, I had set out to make s'mores cookies.  I had seen the recipe on Pinterest and pinned it, but then it was nowhere to be found when I sat down to bake them.  (By the way, the giant peanut butter monster cookies I made in their place were AWESOME.)


Recently, I majorly revamped my "Things I Want to Bake" board on Pinterest and divided it into several boards based on the type of baked good (Cookies, Cupcakes, Muffins, Icings, etc), and through this major overhaul, I found the cookie recipe!  That was it, I had to make them.

 
 

I even had all the ingredients in the apartment (except for graham crackers), so when I was running errands this morning, I popped into the grocery store and bought them and some buttermilk (for another recipe I'll be making later today or this weekend).

Gooey S'mores Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 full graham cracker sheets) -- 7 sheets gave me WAY more than 3/4 cup of crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Mini Hershey’s Kisses (or chocolate chips/chunks) -- I used Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, use a food processor or blender to crush 7 graham cracker sheets into 3/4 cup fine crumbs.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together.
Add the chocolate and marshmallows and stir to combine.

Place 1.5 tablespoon sized scoops of dough (I used my handy dandy cookie scooper) onto the prepared cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Since mine were smaller, I baked them for 9 minutes

Makes 2 dozen cookies (If you make them the size the original recipe recommends -- I got at least 4 dozen).

No comments:

Post a Comment