Facebook 1

Monday, July 16, 2012

White chocolate cookies n' cream fudge

First off, I'm not sure why the original recipe called it "white chocolate cookies n' cream fudge" and not "white chocolate Oreo fudge."  Because frankly, whenever I think of cookies n' cream, I think of Oreos.  But I digress.


I saw this recipe a while ago.  I wanted to make it, but had no occasion for which to make it, so I put it aside for later on.  But that event never came, and the recipe was still calling to me.  So about a week and a half ago I went to the grocey store and picked up the ingredients for a few things that I wanted to make.  This fudge was one of them.  The ingredients lasted more than a week in my kitchen, and last night after I got home from work and celebrating a friend's birthday, I finally made it. 



I often think white chocolate is very sweet, and with the added sugar and Oreos, I expected that this would be one sweet fudge!  Surprisingly, it wasn't too sweet.  However, I do recommend cutting it into small pieces.  And sharing it.  With a ton of people.  I actually think it would make a cute gift, maybe with a carton of milk?  I'm wondering if this recipe is adaptable, and perhaps next time I'd make it with a semisweet or dark chocolate, or add in other fillings....

White Chocolate Oreo Fudge
(I've renamed it.....it's my blog afterall and I can do what I want!)

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 (5 oz) can evaporated milk

2 x 12 oz bags of white chocolate morsels
1 7oz jar of marshmallow cream (I found a 7.5oz jar and eyeballed the 7oz from it)
3 cups coarsely chopped Oreos (about 25), divided (I used 2/3 a package of regular - not double-stuffed - Oreos)
Pinch of salt

Directions:

Line a greased (oops, missed that part, but I don't understand why greasing the pan under the foil would make a difference...and it didn't) 9x9 inch pan with tin foil (leave some overhanging)

Combine the sugar, butter, and evaportaed mik in a medium saucepan.
Cook over medium-high heat stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil.  Cook 3 more minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from the heat, add: white chocolate morsels, marshmallow cream, 2 cups of Oreos, and salt.
Stir until morsels melt.
Poir fudge into prepared pan.
Sprinkle remaining crushed cookies over the fudge, and gently press cookies into fudge.
Cover and let chill until firm, about 1-2 hours.

Lift the block of fudge from the pan (using the overhang....convenient, right?)
Remove foil and cut fudge into squares

No comments:

Post a Comment