Facebook 1

Monday, November 7, 2011

A prelude to Thanksgiving

I have a confession.  I don't love Thanksgiving.  I honestly have nothing against it, it's just not one of my favorite holidays.  It might be compounded by the fact that for the past 6 years I have worked on Thanksgiving (and the Friday afterwards), left the office frantically running to try and catch my train, made it late to Thanksgiving dinner, and then had to turn around and come back to the city so I could get up early Friday morning to go back to work (not to go Black Friday shopping, which I dream about experiencing, just once, but I digress).

Another confession?  I don't like pumpkin pie.  Or pecan pie, either.  But I'm pretty sure it's the pumpkin pie spice that I don't like.  Which brings me to my third confession...

I bought pumpkin pie spice yesterday.  Even though I don't like it.  I just saw it in Trader Joe's and I thought to myself, "I should buy pumpkin pie spice."

Yet, when I saw this adorable pan on Williams Sonoma's website, I just had to get it.  I figured it would be great when filled with a spiced pumpkin cake.  I ordered it and, according to the email I got from them today, it should be here in 3 days!

(Picture from Williams Sonoma's website)
The last time I made this recipe, I made it into cupcakes, and the time before that, I made a bundt cake.



Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment