Facebook 1

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Extra marshmallow-y Rice Krispie treats

I'm not gonna lie: I've been craving a Rice Krispie Treat.  Seriously craving one.  For a few days now.  I even bought marshmallows when I went to the grocery store to buy ingredients for B's mom's birthday cupcakes a few days ago.


So with a few free hours that I had today, I decided to bite the bullet and make them.  Partially because I was still craving one and the other reason was that I was going to be seeing people tonight, and that way I could make Rice Krispie Treats, eat one (maybe two), and then give the rest away - therefore being able to have one without overindulging.  Because frankly, it's very difficult to not eat an entire pan of Rice Krispie Treats (in my not-so-humble opinion).

But I didn't want just a regular Rice Krispie Treats, though, I wanted super marshmallow-y ones, so I played around with the original recipe to create these yummy treats!  I could've added some "treats" to them, like sprinkles, or nonpareils, or something else, but I decided extra marshmallows was the way to go.

Extra Marshmallow-y Rice Krispie Treats
(adapted from the Jet Puffed bag)

Ingredients:

3 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 bag of large marshmallows
4 cups of Rice Krispies

Directions:

Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan.  My preference is Pam, but you could also brush it with some melted butter.

Microwave the butter in a microwavable bowl on high until melted (about 45 seconds).
Add marshmallows and toss to coat.
Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 seconds.  I recommend using a nonstick spatula or a spatula sprayed with Pam.

Add the cereal immediately, and mix well.
Press into the greased pan.  My go-to way to do it easily is to spray a piece of wax paper with Pam, and use that (Pam-side down) to press it evenly into the pan.
Allow to cool completely.


Cut into squares.
Serve.....if you don't eat them all before the guests arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment