Facebook 1

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Candy bark

I melted some Vanilla CandiQuik for an upcoming project (more on that soon), and I had some leftover.  I've been told that it can be remelted and reused, but I had it in front of me, and I didn't have much success the first time I tried remelting it.  So what to do with just over half a tray of melted vanilla confection?  Clearly, my mind went straight to candy bark.  Tossing it was not an option, and I swore off Oreo-related treats for a while (that was my promise to you).  The question that remained was what to put into the bark.  Luckily for me, I impulse bought a bag of dark chocolate mint M&Ms yesterday, and I thought that they'd work pretty well.


The "recipe" is super easy.  Take melted CandiQuik (I used vanilla, you could use chocolate, too) or melted chocolate (milk, white, or dark).  Mix in candies (it could be anything really, Reese's pieces, M&Ms, any small candy), and then sprinkle some on top.  Let chill.  Break into pieces.  There it is.  Candy bark!

No comments:

Post a Comment